Friday, June 12, 2009

palpitations

I think there is something wrong with the ol' ticker. Physically and otherwise. My heart does these strange sort of gymnastics moves sometimes, while other times I wonder if it will just simply stop. I'd probably be in the middle of handing a customer her receipt or something, when suddenly...nothing. "Would you like your receipt with you or in....?" And then I'd fall over. Probably crash into some display on my way down, as well. I'm sure, even in death, my clumsiness will find a way to fuck things up. I wonder what that unlucky customer would do. Having witnessed the level of intelligence of hundreds of eerily similar coupon-toting, sweater-set wearing shoppers, she'd probably be left wondering how I was going to finish my sentence.

I just noticed something. I had every intention of pouring my heart into the empty white space of this little rectangle, but, as always, I've come across as a smartass.

No comments: