Monday, May 11, 2009

sunflower seeds

I'll be able to walk, barefoot, through my forest of sunflowers, marveling at these towers of green and yellow and brown, smiling at how insignificant I am compared to such beauty. I'll be able to lie down in my forest of sunflowers, gaze up at the sky, the blue sky, and laugh as my monstrous sunflowers block out the very thing they are named after. No need for shade trees. I'll be able to sleep in my forest of sunflowers, unafraid of nightmares, nightmares of loss and sadness and darkness, for such things would surely perish in the face of such light and simplicity. I'll be able to daydream in my forest of sunflowers, and as I dream, my mind will be clear of anything that takes away from the happiness of such a moment. I will think of the person who gave me this forest of sunflowers, and wonder at what I'd ever done to deserve such kindness.

No comments: